Program Manager - Supply Chain Operations
Want to change the way people watch TV? We are seeking an experienced Program Manager in Seattle to develop innovative digital video business opportunities for customers.
About Amazon Channels
Amazon Video is fast becoming one of the major global players in digital entertainment. We are changing the way millions of customers enjoy movies and TV shows through Amazon Prime, new releases for rent or purchase, and subscriptions through Amazon Channels. Amazon Channels, launched in 2015, is an OTT platform that supports distributing video channels including as Showtime and Starz without a cable subscription on the Amazon Video platform. This team is responsible for creating and growing innovative new projects for customers within the Amazon Channels business.
The Amazon Channels team is hiring a Program Manager to own high-visibility, cross-functional projects in a role that will drive continuous improvement via a strategic and hands-on approach. In short, if you enjoy delivering results, building programs from the ground up, and thinking big... this may be the perfect fit.The role requires Earning Trust with external partners and teams across Amazon, Delivering Results on complex customer facing projects, and Inventing and Simplifying to drive major process improvements in our digital supply chain. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
To be successful in this position, we seek an innovative and analytical operations leader/program manager who is an organized self-starter. A key to influencing key shareholders is to have the ability to solve complex, technical problems with simple and practical solutions. Experience in project management, collecting requirements, designing processes and software solutions around: detailed functional specifications; coordinating efforts to scope, scheduling, cost/benefit analysis and new software deployment is paramount. Most importantly, you have the ability to effectively communicate your project management results to various departments within the organization.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong project management and analytical skills; ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution, analysis and achievement of the right results.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environments.
- The ability to be comfortable with a high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to understand business goals, system platforms and processes and recommend new approaches and procedures to effect standardization and improvements in meeting business objectives, productivity and development of large scale high volume technology platforms.
- Writing Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelors degree is required
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience in the operations, digital operations, and program management space
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with business owners to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Experience working with external partners and stakeholders to meet deliverable requirements
- Demonstrated success in achieving aggressive short, medium and long-term goals
- Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- Masters degree or MBA
- Experience and understanding of digital media and/or digital video supply chain desired
- A passion for digital media and digital video
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top