Do you want to be part of an organization that is developing and launching new business models? If so, the Global Specialty Delivery Team is looking for an experienced leader with a strong record of achieving results, to own and execute high visibility, strategic and revenue generating initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced and quickly growing business segment within Amazon and we are looking for leaders who are passionate about building new businesses and solving complex problems to enhance our delivery services in communities across North America.
This Program Manager will work across multiple teams within operations and work on refining existing delivery processes, developing operational processes and recommending technical enhancements for a best in class Customer Experience. In this role you will work with a team of program and field leadership while leading projects to improve the overall customer Delivery experience across a wide range of products, such as delivery performance, Delivery Exception management, Cost reduction initiatives, addressing feedback from customer reviews and reductions to customer contacts per shipped units. This role requires working with multiple business and technical teams across the company to manage the operations, drive continuous improvement and enhance carrier performance.
**Note: Position can be located in Seattle or Nashville.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years of experience in the transportation industry working with Last Mile Home Delivery carriers.
• 2+ years of experience with transportation management systems.
• 2+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects and project/ program management.
• 2+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
• Experience in distribution or transportation of high value large items/ heavy bulky products.
• Experience with in Home/White Glove deliveries
• Experiences with On-road monitoring and pick-up/delivery routing within a Transportation capacity
• Demonstrated negotiation skills and management of third-party vendors/carriers.
• Understanding current logistical solutions and developing new products.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Proven business judgment to manage financials, manage operations and deliver cost & Customer Experience goals.
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .