Program Manager, Social Responsibility
- Chennai, India
At Amazon, we are working towards being the most customer-centric company on earth and towards growing a safe environment for both our customers and our associates.
We are looking for a Social Responsibility Program Manager to support the Program and Operations team scale with Amazon's growing business and supplier base. The Program manager will be expected to set up new processes for businesses being on-boarded to Amazon's Social Responsibility(SR) workflow, managing stakeholder relations (Amazon internal and external), and existing workflows, while driving industry level innovations on how SR assessments should be conducted.
• Identify and prioritize opportunities to strengthen new programs, and work cross-functionally across SR and with key business partners to scale them across Amazon's global supplier base;
• Identify and research programmatic opportunities (tools, resources, process gaps) and use a data-driven approach to write project proposals/white papers;
• Analyze data to track trends and initiate deep dives to detect opportunities;
• Coordinate with multiple Amazon businesses and functions, as well as third-party audit firms and suppliers;
• Develop and improve project and program management processes, prioritizing ways to leverage technology and automate;
• Own and deep dive on operational metrics and business reporting;
• Innovate on data collection and analysis, methodologies, and technology;
• Develop mechanisms to uphold Amazon policies and standards, e.g. standard operating procedures
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of experience working in operations, program management, project management, or compliance;
• 5+ years of experience working in social responsibility,
• Experience using initiative to execute results
• Experience writing narrative documents and performing in depth analysis;
• Experience using ownership, critical thinking, deep dive and attention to detail skills;
• Experience using written and verbal communication skills
• Experience running effective operations and knows how to create process SOPs and roadmaps;
• Knowledge of SQL or Tableau;
• Experience analyzing data and proposing data-driven solutions;
• Experience problem-solve independently; and
• Proficiency in Excel.
• Background in retail/sourcing, supply chain operations, and/or logistics;
• Experience with workflow management systems;
• Ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems;
• Ability to identifying customer needs and inventing new and efficient ways to meet those needs;
• Interested in social responsibility and sustainability;
• Energized by the opportunity to work on a global team and
• Understanding of Lean techniques such as Six Sigma.
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities;
• Thinks strategically and executes methodically on tactical projects
• Experience working in an ambiguous environment;
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top