Program Manager, Royalties
- Seattle, WA
Founded in 2009, Amazon Publishing is a leading publisher of trade fiction and nonfiction print, Kindle eBooks, and audiobooks. With offices in Seattle, New York, Grand Haven, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, and Munich, our critically acclaimed and bestselling authors come from around the world.
We are seeking an experienced, customer-obsessed and highly analytical Program Manager to join our Royalties and Payments team. You will be part of a small team responsible for our global royalty program, and will focus on the planning, execution and delivery of our regular royalty commitments. This role is inherently cross-functional and you will work closely with multiple teams including finance, contracts, author relations, editorial, product, and engineering to drive operational efficiencies. You will develop an understanding of the current and future technologies required to deliver the end-to-end process, including contracts, metrics collection, data aggregation, royalty calculations, payment processing, and reporting. The successful candidate is detail, team, and goal-oriented. You are comfortable with numbers, can dive deep into operational issues, identify and address root causes, have the ability to influence, and consistently deliver results.
This position is based in Seattle.
• Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
• 3+ years of quantitative, analytical or finance experience
• Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 3+ years of experience with royalty and payment systems and processes
• 3+ years of experience working with cross-functional, multi-location teams
• Detail oriented and able to dive deep into data quality and process inefficiency problems coupled with the ability to see the broader picture
• High standards with an emphasis on accuracy given the potential impact of royalty errors on the business as well as on customer trust
• Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results
• Technical fluency: ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top