Amazon Worldwide Operations is looking for Program Managers with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Transportation Services. These roles require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential. The role requires up to 50% travel.
• Manage new and existing programs, successfully delivering difficult projects and goals across multiple organizations
• Work directly with external providers, customers, and partner teams to craft and deliver scalable solutions
• Partner with other program managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set project priorities and milestones and drive delivery
• Own program communication, accelerating progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers (e.g., path to green), escalating as appropriate
• Influence design and development of strategic processes
• Work with program managers and business leaders to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects and using this data to drive/influence business decisions
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Manage post-launch support plans (e.g., post-mortem, issue/ticket management, etc.) and look for opportunities to improve program quality and operational excellence
• Bachelor's degree or 2+ years Amazon experience
• 5+ years of relevant program/project management experience
• Experience leading cross-functional projects
• MBA or equivalent advanced degree
• Expertise leading without authority to achieve results
• Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results
• Ability to work well independently, with a team, and across multiple teams and time zones to deliver results
• Strong analytic skills as well as an ability to balance strategy and program management
• Ability to develop quick turn-around, practical recommendations based on data and research to inform strategic decisions in a fast moving environment.
• Good interpersonal skills and experience working on cross-functional teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $72,700-$127,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.