The Program Manager, Global Content Policy supports ongoing projects and improvement of systems supporting the Restricted Products team on customer trust and safety policy issues. You will influence behavior, plan projects with key retail business partners, and inspire cross functional team commitments on the part of all personnel in complying with Amazon Brand trust and safety measures in accordance with a brand-safe customer experience.
The Program Manager will manage relationships internally, to guide and develop global policies consistent with program tenets. The role requires representing, and advocating for, the voice of the customer. This role relies on strong program management skills to manage the technical and operational aspects of a content policy program.
• 6+ years' demonstrated success in project/program management working with cross-functional teams
• 6+ years' experience in investigations, incident or crisis management, or program management, or escalation handling
• Experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders, and experience working on, and delivering projects in the face of ambiguity.
• Strong operational and technical background OR experience using analytical and quantitative skills to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
• Experience delivering initiatives from conception through completion
• Experience preparing reports identifying findings and providing recommended remediation strategies and solutions
• Experience using communications skills to create and edit content for internal and external audiences
• Familiarity with content policy and customer trust and safety discipline
• Interest in representing, and advocating for the voice of the customer
• Diverse background with experience working on inclusive teams
• Familiarity with program management tools, techniques and software
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
• Self-motivated with ability to work independently and autonomously
• Excellent organizational skills with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
• Knowledge of the principal methods, procedures, and techniques of gathering information and producing, reporting, and sharing information
• Experience working with geographically distributed teams within a complex international organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.