Program Manager, Public Policy
- Madrid, Spain
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Manager, Public Policy, will work to help build and manage policy programs involving Amazon, external allies, and other partners.
The Manager, Public Policy, will be a highly visible position that will create, execute, and manage responses to key public policy issues. Working with the Senior Manager, Public Policy, and the entire Americas Public Policy team, the Manager will help to drive policy programs by creating strong, innovative coordination mechanisms between various internal and external stakeholders. He/she will also develop strategic programmatic roadmaps, troubleshoot problems as they arise, facilitate communication between different stakeholders, and ensure excellence in work product. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of leading projects to completion and building relationships to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders. The ability to self-direct and prioritize effectively to manage multiple simultaneous, constantly evolving programs is a must.
The position is based in Washington, DC.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• BS/BA required.
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience with a keen working understanding of public policy, including the mechanics of legislative and administrative policymaking process and procedures, effective lobbying techniques, and collaboration with other companies and trade groups. Candidates will be able to demonstrate their experience through work within government, companies, consultancies (public policy or communications), trade associations, or equivalent organizations.
• Previous public policy experience.
• Familiarity with program management tools, techniques and software, including strong skills of breaking down tasks, simplifying roadmaps, establishing owners and timelines, and status reporting.
• Understand strategic initiatives and drive them to a successful conclusion.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
• Experience managing varied stakeholders and the ability move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
• Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others - with strong interpersonal skills, judgement, and political acumen.
• Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of activities in relation to business goals on an ongoing basis.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top