Program Manager, Product Quality
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Amazon's Product Quality team works to ensure that buyers receive authentic and safe products. We design and implement policies, tools and technology innovations to protect the buying experience on Amazon while minimizing friction for sellers.
We are seeking a Program Manager who you will work closely with policy stakeholders, software engineers, product teams and operations teams to deliver high quality, scalable programs/processes that will be deployed around the world. You will collaborate with multiple teams within and outside the department to deliver these programs/processes. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Successful candidates will need to have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, and continuous process improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in operations, project management and experience in the project management life cycle
- Proficient ability to influence stakeholders across multiple organizations with/without direct reporting lines.
- Proven knowledge of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve Control) problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of program management lifecycle, and skilled at project management tools
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and understand complex data sets
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex project roadmaps.
- Experienced communicating and presenting to Sr. leadership.
- Experienced interpreting and communicating analytics.
- Experienced working under tight deadlines.
- Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top