Program Manager - Pricing Benchmarking
- Chennai, India
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses worldwide, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers. The Retail Systems function is responsible for building retail platforms, tools and automation required to manage selection, maintain competitive pricing, forecast demand, buy products and deal with vendors. Pricing Analytics and Operations is an integral part of WW Pricing Systems enabling Amazon's pricing strategy and operations. The team's primary role is to provide on-time and accurate inputs to help make great pricing decisions. We build and execute on scalable & efficient processes to ensure Amazon's price competitiveness. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and Amazon's topline & profitability.
Opportunity: Do you want to be part of the team that ensures Amazon keeps its "best price" promise across millions of products worldwide? Does the challenge of driving decisions in a dynamic environment excite you? Do you love solving complex business problems using technology? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Are you a passionate self-starter? If the answer to the above questions is a resounding "YES", read on!
Program Manager Pricing Benchmarking in Amazon WW Pricing Systems group will be responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of various benchmarking initiatives highlighting customer pain points and ways to work with the right stakeholders to improve product features to drive improved customer experience from pricing CX standpoint. The job involves end to end business planning including but not limited to creating annual plans and strategy for execution, ensuring operational rigor and designing high business impact processes. This candidate will be the strategic point of contact to various Amazon teams worldwide and must therefore be comfortable and confident liaising with remote teams and senior leaders. He/ She will manage business impact via functional activities and will be accountable for designing and delivering on all KPIs of the same. The individual will interface and drive agenda with product & technology teams to build scalable solutions and in addition he/she will be responsible for ensuring the safety, security and integrity of Amazon's systems and data. The role involves influencing peers and stakeholders in other functions to achieve the operational and business goals assigned.
The successful candidate should have the ability to work at all levels of detail to accomplish team/organization goals. The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon's core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
Scope of work: This role will focus on independently benchmark customer experience from pricing aspects across Amazon Marketplaces WW and drive scalable experiments & solutions in partnership with respective stakeholders to improve price perception.
You will be an individual contributor and will be required to work with cross functional team where you need to influence and drive a common goal to improve price perception. You will be working with stakeholders globally and hence, flexibility in operating hours would be a requirement.
• A highly complex audit environment and a team with varied skills, with global accountabilities.
• Need to work on multiple high impact projects with competing priorities
• Independent decision making
Key Performance Areas:
• Drive cross functional projects to deliver improved customer experience; be part of projects involving new feature definition to improve pricing CX
• Successful delivery on high business impact product feature implementation improving customer experience
• Engage stakeholders across globe; demonstrate business acumen and skills in driving change by developing business proposals and driving implementation of recommendations through effective written and oral communication.
• Work with product teams and software development teams to build scalable insights and drive high business impactful projects to price perception.
A successful candidate will have a developed skill set in the following areas:
• Demonstrated ability to work backwards from customer to surface key customer frustrations and build product features to improve CX.
• Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex organizational issues
• Result orientation with a bias towards action, supporting a culture of ownership and learning.
• Skilled in collaborative management environment, project management & succeeding through regular meetings.
• Excellent formal and informal communication with members of the remote and local management teams.
Master of Business Administration or equivalent program, Strong analytical abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and good follow-through • Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Adept at making data-driven decisions. - Exposure to working with technology teams and solving operational issues using technology.
Master's Degree - 4+ years of experience in Market research / User research / CX improvements in ecommerce domains. - Lean, Six Sigma, Process Excellence Certification & Exposure - Proven track record in market/UX research and building decision making models
Back to top