Program Manager- Onboarding and New Hire Orientation
The Talent and Leader Development Team (TLD) is seeking a Program Manager to lead operational support of onboarding initiatives and cross-team projects, including New Hire Orientation (NHO). A successful candidate must demonstrate exceptional influence, organizational expertise, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage complex cross-team projects.
NHO Program Management: Oversee A-Z operations of New Hire Orientation. Demonstrate total ownership and end to end thinking in independently administering weekly program logistics and support. Recruit and coordinate facilitators, guest speakers and volunteers for NHO deliveries. Provide consultation and operational expertise to global onboarding partners.
Onboarding Initiatives: Drive the development and implementation of new initiatives supporting Amazon employee onboarding. Identify opportunities to enhance the onboarding experience and accelerate acclimation to the company and culture.
Continuous Improvement: Assist efforts to scale programmatic and departmental processes, improve information flow and communications, build sustainable and intuitive mechanisms, and innovation on behalf of customers. Conduct regular reviews of current processes, fully develop suggestions for improvements to maximize value of resources.
Data Analysis: Generate, manipulate and analyze complex data sets. Establish consistent standards for data creation and validation. Uses data to facilitate change and communicate priorities.
Planning: Assist with various components of annual department planning process. This includes reporting and metrics, aligning partners and sponsors, coordinating contracts and payments, managing materials and distribution, auditing and updating communications.
Stakeholder Management: Actively establish and maintain rapport, credibility and trust with team, global partners, Amazon leaders and our participants. Partner with the Employee Resource Center (ERC) to educate new recruiters at monthly New Recruiter Training (NRT) sessions and present at NHO Facilitator trainings as necessary.
- 2+ years of experience in program or project management.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in an environment with multiple stakeholders and significant ambiguity.
- Proven ability to drive and manage multiple, competing priorities and projects with urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; this role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers and other written deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in business, marketing or communications.
- Previous experience with corporate onboarding or within the learning and development space.
- Previous experience with formal process improvement methodology (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma).
- Previous hands-on experience in event logistics including catering, speaker and volunteer management and audio/visual services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top