Amazon is seeking a Program Manager to help deliver IT Services Asset Management process and tools. You will work closely with IT Services Support Engineers and Managers to help drive adoption, communicate change, and gather feedback to improve asset management. This role is part of IT Services and we deliver and track hardware for corporate employees across Amazon (Laptops, AV, Infrastructure).
This is a high impact role and is responsible to drive cost-out, mitigate risk and manage key supply chain projects. The position primarily supports Amazon IT Services (ITS). You will leverage your work experience to improve hardware availability of IT assets by supporting demand forecast data, reviewing stock quantities, and auditing variance for corrective action. The successful candidate will have the ability to engage deeply with diverse and talented business partners, earn trust using facts and data, manage an end-to-end, cross-functional program, and advise and influence decisions of senior business leaders.
The candidate should possess strong written/oral communication skills, business operations skills, incident management skills, the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, the ability to quickly analyze and diagnose complex emergent issues, and pull in required stakeholders to resolve. You will also have experience running back office reporting functions with a distributed team and communicating both in writing and verbally with senior executives.
Finally, this role requires a work ethic based on a strong desire to delight the customer, exceed expectations, strong interpersonal skills, and fluency in communicating across all level in the organization.
• Write process documentation and partner with IT Services managers to build associated controls
• Develop and improve barcode scanning and printing process
• Deep dive metrics to support the adoption of the standard work and tools by reviewing and engaging with IT Services Managers
• Intake, analyze, and diagnose emergent issues related to assets
• Manage frequent communications cadence (in email or documents, and in live/in person meetings) to provide status reporting, actions in progress, statistics/metrics, and path to resolution.
• Conduct post-incident reporting to include root-cause analysis, and recommendations for best practices
• Work with Subject Matter Experts in IT Assets to standardize and normalize the data in the asset management tool
• Partner cross-functionally across multiple business units, both within Corporate IT and across the company, and cross-functionally with finance, legal, tax and procurement teams.
• Proven ability to execute in all phases of the product development life cycle, resulting in high-quality hardware products, delivered on time.
• Highly customer focused and understand the needs of the business
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including analytics (i.e. MSExcel)
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
• Ability to interpret financial data and apply to decision making
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
• Design, develop and maintain scalable and reliable analytical tools, dashboards, and metrics that drive key decisions and resource prioritization.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills
• Facilitate and own the documentation of Standard Work for IT Services support engineers related to asset management
Travel up to 30% in EMEA region
• Bachelor degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
• Fulfillment experience
• Implementing Standard Work and supporting Managers with related metrics
• In-depth understanding of best-in-class Supply Chain, Logistics or Transportation Planning processes
• Experience with Asset Management Systems, standardizing, and normalizing data
• Escalations/Issues management experience
• Business operations, management reporting experience
• Strong and effective verbal and written communications skills
• Program Management/Operations experience
• Experience working directly with senior executives (VP and up)
• Strong operational business understanding
• Familiarity with Technical IT Services