Program Manager - International Devices Packaging
The Amazon Devices Brand Marketing team is seeking a detail-oriented, customer-obsessed project manager, responsible for managing localization of packaging for Amazon Devices. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work across one of the world's fastest growing and most innovative product portfolios, including Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets and Kindle. You will work with packaging designers, content strategists and regional marketing teams to create packaging that educates and delights customers around the globe.
As the owner of packaging localization, you will work with marketing and operations leads to understand the packaging strategy and schedules for the overall product and US English packaging, and then design schedules and work back plans for international versions. You will work with teams across a variety of disciplines and locales, managing inputs and complex dependencies in order to execute each localized version of the packaging artwork (including single- and multi-language versions.) You will be expected to escalate issues and unmet dependencies as appropriate to ensure every project is delivered on time, while insisting on the highest standards. Packaging is one of the very first deliverables in the go-to-market process, which requires that this leader thrive in ambiguity, approach change and challenges with a positive attitude, retaining focus on the fact that our packaging is the first physical contact most customers will have with our devices.
A successful candidate will exceptional project management experience in a creative environment, and the ability to effectively lead global cross-functional teams. He or she will be able to thrive while scaling contributions from big picture process invention and simplification to detailed execution. This position requires strong business judgment, detail orientation, problem solving, and superior written and verbal communication skills. A track record of delivering results in a fast paced, dynamic environment is a must.
- Work collaboratively with the brand marketing, design and operations teams to establish timelines, track dependencies and report status against key milestones. Adjust, update, and communicate project plans as needed.
- Create approval matrixes for each global packaging launch, ensuring contacts remain up-to-date.
- Drive inputs, manage translations, and route approvals with global content owners, marketing leads and legal.
- Apply high judgement to escalate when dependencies aren't met or resources aren't sufficient.
- Own the localization process and playbook, with a constant eye to invent and simplify the process.
- Onboard new team members to the process as appropriate.
- Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and strategy to senior leaders.
- Provide functional expertise to assess potential financial and operational impact of projects or issues.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in consumer marketing, design management, artwork production management and/or digital/high-technology consumer companies/products.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to structure strategic discussions in a document format.
- Proven experience in coordinating teams and communicating to senior management.
- Have relentlessly high standards and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to conceptualize, scope, and execute projects to strict deadlines.
- Confident, self-motivated individual with strong, demonstrable bias for action.
- BA/BS required.
- Proven experience in packaging development.
- 2+ years of experience in tech industry.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top