When you attract people who have the DNA of pioneers and the DNA of explorers, you build a company of like-minded people who want to invent. And that's what they think about when they get up in the morning: how are we going to work backwards from customers and build a great service or a great product" Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com's success is built on a foundation of customer obsession. Have you ever thought about what it takes to successfully deliver millions of packages to Amazon customers seamlessly every day like a clock work? In order to make that happen, behind those millions of packages, billions of decision gets made by machines and humans. Last Mile Technology team makes this happen. The Last Mile Analytics and Quality team (LMAQ) works within Last Mile Tech to bridge the automation gaps on problems where no technology exists or the tech solution is in the works. The team has an eco-system of quality specialists, program managers and BI Engineers working together to improve geo-spatial data quality and support the driver lifecycle & experience programs.
As the team expands, we need a Data Governance Framework to identify and eliminate data and information security risks (current and future). The program manager will define the framework working with the program and tech teams and by bench marking and adopting the best practices from different teams across Amazon. Program Manager will own the framework and conduct the audits with regular cadence.
The successful candidate will :
• Be a custodian of the data usage risks when liaising with internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect secure management workflows
• Proactively identify pain points and opportunities for continual secure process simplification and improvement to create program efficiencies
• Maintain business control inventories and work with compliance and risk teams across the wider organization to ensure appropriate monitoring and testing
• Monitor existing metrics, analyze data, and partner with other internal teams (e.g., engineering, finance, Business Operations, technical operations, Business Intelligence, Product management, Partnership, legal & public policy) to identify process and system improvement opportunities.
• Maintain comprehensive, high quality & up-to-date program & policy documentation that clearly outlines risks mitigations, standards, controls & policies.
• Periodically conduct internal audits & reviews on controls & processes to identify gaps & strengthen controls.
• Collaborate with internal information security, fraud and abuse teams to identify & mitigate risks.
• Act as single-threaded owner ensuring compliance requirements are implemented by establishing project plans, defining owners and milestones, reporting status to senior management and driving towards launch approval
• Work with product management and engineering teams to prioritize scalable technology solutions to enable business growth within compliance standards.
• Create clear compliance requirements for tech and product teams to translate into engineering requirements
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred
• At least 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Strong program management experience
• Background in risk management, information security or compliance
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
• Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
• Experience of working with engineering and product teams