Program Manager, Inbound Transportation
Are you a highly skilled and motivated person who seeks to develop a world class logistic process that delivers goods on time, in-tact and with reductions in costs? If so, then Amazon's Transportation team is looking for you!
Our team objective is to manage the North America Inbound Transportation network. We seek your LTL expertise to manage processes with Sellers/Vendors, Carriers, and Fulfillment Centers to continuously make the right cost vs. service decision. The keys to success are your abilities to partner with our FBA and Retail partners and carriers to design, develop and improve our transportation network's ability to continually deliver products quickly and efficiently. You will be responsible for LTL carrier relationships as well as helping implement Inbound Transportation's strategic vision by leading our LTL carriers.
Our team will be successful at providing top notch services if you have transportation - more specifically LTL - experience and the ability to build superior programs to support our customers needs. This job also requires exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) ability to analyze large amounts of data; while making sound business decisions quickly.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Logistics or similar field or 2+ years Amazon experience
- 3+ years Transportation Operations Management experience: Ocean, Air or Land FCL, LTL, TL, Drayage, Transloaders and Small Parcel Carriers
- 3+ years managing cross-functional programs of varying complexities
- 2+ years negotiating vendor and/or carrier contracts
- 2+ years conducting analysis to make business decisions such as RFP comparisons, budget creation, cost/benefit, variance analysis, etc.
- PMP Certification
- Experience with EDI Integration and SQL data mining in a business environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top