Program Manager III, WW Road Safety (Yard & Dock)
Amazon's Worldwide Road Safety Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated leader to assist in the Program development, implementation, tactical management, and execution of Amazon's Linehaul and Last Mile yard and dock safety and compliance programs. This is to ensure safe operations of the transportation services flowing into and out of our North American Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers and our associated worldwide fulfillment network. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
An ideal candidate has an extensive background in yard & dock process improvements and leading large scale strategic initiatives within Transportation. S/he has the ability to lead an operational team, pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics or similar field from an accredited university OR 2+ years of Amazon experience
- 8+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with worldwide small package and/or truckload transportation industry
- Experience designing software auditing systems, implementing new software systems and integration testing.
- Completed Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Operations Research or similar field from an accredited university
- Project management experience that shows how to organize, find solutions and follow through to a successful conclusion
- Department and/or Ministry of Transport Agency familiarization and experience worldwide.
- US DOT compliance experience
- Consulting experience in ERP implementations
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing Experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top