Program Manager III
Looking for a career at a company that seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company? If so, meet Amazon.
Over the past 20 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of the consumer and has become the largest internet retailer and marketplace in the world with over $100 billion in revenue globally. Through our entrepreneurial and innovative culture, Amazon has also developed new technologies and products (like our Kindle e-readers and tablets) and, enterprise services (like Amazon Web Services). Amazon is now reinventing on behalf of the business customer and focused on building the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world, and we are recruiting make this vision a reality within the Amazon Consumer Payments Organization, to make the customer's procure to pay experience delightful.
ABP is looking for a program manager with proven experiences in thought leadership, program management, and detailed execution to define, lead, and develop a global fraud identification and prevention program for our Pay-by-Invoice (PBI) product. PBI is a core customer requirement and enables AB customers to purchase from millions of suppliers (using credit and terms extended by Amazon) with a simplified invoice and payments processing solution. The scope stretches across multiple Amazon organizations and geographies and requires close partnership with stakeholders with diverse backgrounds, as we are building a global solution in-house (from credit decisioning and invoice delivery to cash application, collections, and portfolio risk management).
As a Program Manager you will have ownership and responsibility for the Fraud program and will work with key partners across Amazon including our Infrastructure/platform teams, Transaction Monitoring Services, Lending, Legal, Finance, Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Marketplace, and Business Analytics teams. Perform project intake including review of project requests and work estimation.
Responsibilities include developing program plan and associated milestones and metrics to measure success, prioritizing projects, participating in capacity management, and building and tracking quarterly and yearly project roadmaps to ensure project delivery. In addition he/she will identify and implement program management process improvement. The program manager must anticipate bottlenecks, manage escalation, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs with technical constraints. He/she will identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues.
This role will report to the Global PBI Product Leader.
- Bachelor's degree
- An extensive background (5+ years) in program management/business management and a record of successful program delivery or 2+ years of relevant experience with an MBA
- Hands-on experience developing and driving programs or projects with aggressive schedules
- Excellent project management, organizational, and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which includes excellent listening skills, concise communications, and targeting the message to specific audiences
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence people and teams at every level in the organization
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- MBA degree
- Experience with payments compliance, security, or risk management a plus
- Development of company-wide or financial fraud management strategy a plus
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience working on global projects or across international markets
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top