Do you love to work cross-functionally to enhance Global Retail Accounts Payable Technology solutions? Do you want to implement industry leading end to end global retail accounts payables technology, features and capabilities to delight a vendor base? If so, Amazon's Finance Operations Global Consumer Retail Accounts Payable team has the perfect role for you.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Program Manager II (PM II), Global Consumer Retail AP Technology to break new ground by helping scale our growing Global Retail business using leading edge technology and data-driven insights. This role will generate and leverage insights based on Amazon's Global Retail unique data to lead strategic discussions with Financial Operations business teams to support the AP leaders on making informed decisions. The PM II, Global Retail AP Technology works closely with these partners to set business objectives, define success metrics, and generate prioritization mechanisms and delivery roadmaps. FinOps Global Retail AP is looking for a PM II with a strong record of delivering cross-functional technology solutions for internal operations as well as product features and capabilities for external customers. This role work and manage the AP Global Consumer Retail Systems roadmap. This high-visibility role will require collaborating with FinOps teams in defining technical solutions in collaboration with multiple business, supply chain and technical teams across the company.
The ideal candidate will have excellent product management, program management, problem solving and communication skills and effective interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. The candidate will be at ease dealing with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, be motivated by a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. This means you are not only able to drive high-level strategic initiatives while staying on top of tactical execution, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. This role will have experience in driving key initiates utilizing technology solutions, seeking and implementing best practices including machine learning and robotics while ensuring financial controls are adhered.
The candidate should have exceptional business judgement including financial acumen to quickly assess the viability of key decisions. You will be able to anticipate and make tradeoffs, as well as balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You have the ability to write compelling business cases quantifying improvements in KPIs measuring vendor experience and operational execution. The ability to work in a global matrix organization, across functions, and at all levels will be absolutely critical to success in this role.
• Collaborate with a multiyear technology roadmap prioritizing products and operational capabilities to deliver P2P supply chain solutions for Amazon's growing Global Consumer Retail business.
• Works with a program team in collecting and documenting business/product requirements and collaborating with technical teams on design options and trade-offs.
• Work in a cross functional team (Product Manager, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Engineer, and Project Manager Tech) in collaboration with upstream business, operations and technology teams to build integrated end to end AP technical solutions.
• Works on new and innovative capabilities in our P2P process enabling invoice ingestion, validation, and matching capabilities for supply chain processes for Global Consumer Retail AP.
• Works with internal operational tools and datasets to provide detailed insights to P2P process defects.
• Works with technical solutions to eliminate process defects and enumerate benefits.
• Ensure products / technical solutions are delivering required functionality through acceptance testing, UAT and PVT, and manage post deployment enhancements.
• Measure and report on adoption and benefits derived from deployed technology.
• Bachelor's degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in Product or Program management working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams defining and delivering technical solutions to business operations and/or to external suppliers or customers.
• Experience in product development cycle from ideation, to gathering and documenting business / product requirements, working with technical teams in an Agile development environment.
• Demonstrated ability to document and quantify business case for technical investments illustrating operational benefits or defining measurable improvements to customer experience.
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple high-complexity projects.
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
• Ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units.
• 3+ years experience in program or project management
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• MBA or Master's Degree in Business, Science, Engineering or Technology.
• Experience delivering Procure to Pay technical solutions.
• Experience designing process or technical solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.