Do you love to work cross-functionally to build BI Analytics for Global Retail Accounts Payable Process solutions? Do you want to build industry leading product features and capabilities to delight a vendor base? If so, Amazon's Finance Operations Global Consumer Retail Accounts Payable team has the perfect role for you.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Program Manager II (PM II), Global Retail AP BI Analytics to break new ground by helping scale our growing Global Retail business using data-driven insights. This thought leader will leverage insights based on Amazon's Global Retail unique data to influence strategic discussions with Financial Operations business teams to support the AP leaders on making informed decisions. The PM II, Global Retail AP BI Analytics works closely with these partners to set business objectives, measure success metrics, and generate delivery roadmaps. FinOps Global Retail AP is looking for a PM II with a strong record of delivering cross-functional technical solutions for internal operations as well as product features and capabilities for external customers. This high-visibility role will require collaborating with FinOps teams in defining technical solutions in collaboration with multiple business, supply chain and technical teams across the company.
The role will 1) build a global self-service analytics strategy for Global Retail AP BI Analytics and modeling team; 2) work with Leader to drive the strategy of surfacing data and insights directly to the business; 3) dive deep on important scientific research to support Global Retail AP operating success. This will be role that drives operational excellence and delivers measurable business impact. The role requires a true generalist skillset across statistics, data, engineering, and business intelligence and a super power in at least one of those areas. This is definitely a builder role not just in terms of product but also in terms of strategy, process, and execution and the Sr. PM III will need be comfortable getting into the weeds and being hands-on with the data.
The ideal candidate will have excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills and effective interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. The candidate will be at ease dealing with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, be motivated by a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. This means you are not only able to drive high-level strategic initiatives while staying on top of tactical execution, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. This role will have experience in driving key initiates utilizing analytical and technology solutions, seeking and implementing best practices including machine learning and robotics while ensuring financial controls are adhered.
The candidate should have exceptional business judgement including financial acumen to quickly assess the viability of key decisions. You will be able to anticipate and make tradeoffs, as well as balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You have the ability to write compelling business cases quantifying improvements in KPIs measuring vendor experience and operational execution. The ability to work in a global matrix organization, across functions, and at all levels will be absolutely critical to success in this role.
• Work in a multiyear technology roadmap prioritizing products and operational capabilities to deliver P2P supply chain solutions for Amazon's growing Global Consumer Retail business.
• Clearly communicate roadmap vision and timelines to deliver core capabilities with associated customer or business benefits to Sr Leaders across business, operations and technical teams.
• Responsible for collaborating with program team in collecting and documenting business/product requirements and collaborating with technical teams on design options and trade-offs.
• Working in a cross functional team (Product Manager Tech, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Engineer, and Project Manager) in collaboration with upstream business, operations and technology teams to build integrated end to end P2P technical solutions.
• Deliver new and innovative capabilities in our P2P process enabling invoice ingestion, validation, and matching capabilities for supply chain processes for Global Consumer Retail AP.
• Identify internal operational tools and datasets to provide detailed insights to P2P process defects.
• Work with technical solutions to eliminate process defects and enumerate benefits.
• Ensure products / technical solutions are delivering required functionality through acceptance testing, UAT and PVT, and manage post deployment enhancements.
• Measure and report on adoption and benefits derived from deployed technology.
• 3+ years experience in program or project management
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in Data Analytics, Product or Program management working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams defining and delivering BI analytical and technical solutions to business operations and/or to external suppliers or customers.
• Excellent data driven storytelling skills you create and deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals.
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights.
• MBA or Master's or Doctoral Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or Technology.
• Presentation track record (ex. presented a data-driven narrative at an industry conference).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.