Program Manager II
- Herndon, VA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and customer obsessed people.
As a member of this team, you will have an opportunity to be a thought leader in Amazon and work with a group of talented program managers, product managers, data engineers, software developers, and business leaders. As a leader of analytics team for Reliability and Maintenance Engineering (RME), you will lead a team of Business Analysts and Business Intelligence Engineers to drive data-driven decision-making and use broad technical skills to build analytics and reporting capabilities.
Your work will directly impact the decisions and strategy of RME by gathering customer needs and insights, mining large and diverse data sets. You will work with business leaders, their teams, and their various stakeholders to track various business goals and initiatives. The ideal candidate is a natural self-starter who is comfortable working within a cross functional environment, supporting multiple stakeholders and initiatives. You will have a true hands-on approach, strong analytical skills, including the ability to gain true insights from data, and be an effective communicator.
Responsibilities will include:
• Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of analytics projects/ products.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools.
• Design and influence operational best practices for reporting and predictive analytics to enable the team to scale
• Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting to create new measures for the wider Amazon team
• Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
• Collaborate with Product and Program management teams to design analytics frameworks that will support large-scale data-analysis and on-ground corrective actions.
• Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, economics)
• 5+ years of work experience working in a analytical role with proven experience of providing recommendations for strategic decision-making.
• Ability to take complex business problems and translate them into clear and accurate results
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
• Experience in predictive analytics using machine learning techniques and able to use scripting languages such as Python or R to evaluate data
• Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• 7+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/ BIE/ statistical analysis role
• Strong experience of delivering results through predictive analytics using machine learning techniques and able to use scripting languages such as Python or R to evaluate data
• Experience of building dashboards, reports, or tools through technologies such as QuickSight, Tableau
• Strong stakeholder management experience; ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets.
• Ability to deep-dive into a problem; very strong analytical skills required.
• Very high degree of Ownership and Bias for Action required
• Ability to thrive and perform in an ambiguous setting; sound judgment and flexibility in balancing program requirements, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule.
Back to top