Program Manager II
Amazon is seeking an experienced Program Manager to be a key business partner in our Global Tax Calculation Services Program supporting all business lines at Amazon. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is responsible for providing end-to-end global tax calculation solutions to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical responsibilities. The role requires the candidate have a broad understanding of the project management life cycle with the ability to leverage project management tools and best practices. The candidate must be able to effectively support competing priorities while identifying and managing the execution risks.
- Oversee the new project intake process and prioritize projects internally based on impact and scope
- Prioritization of current and upcoming projects as well as managing business priorities and expectations
- Create processes for better project documentation and tracking from project ingestion through to completion
- Interact with Project Leads and Technical Program Managers to define and deliver complex features
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
- 5+ years of work experience in program and/or product management field
- A bachelor's degree in a related technical field or 10+ years of experience working in a related technical field
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- The ability to align efforts of disparate groups to achieve a common goal
- Ability to take loosely defined business questions and translate them into clearly defined technical/data specifications
- Experience working with remote teams
- Track record of being detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to self–motivate and follow through on projects
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage change in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience delivering complex projects with multiple milestones and dependencies
- Proven track record of being able to learn, develop and implement new technologies, ideas and initiatives
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top