Amazon's Perfect Order Experience team works to ensure that buyers receive authentic products in the condition and with the functionality they are expecting. We design and implement policies, tools, and technology innovations to protect the buying experience on Amazon. Our greatest challenge is protecting Buyer trust without unjustly harming good selling partners. To strike the right balance, we invest in mechanisms which allow us to accurately identify and mitigate risk, and to quickly correct and learn from our mistakes. This strategy includes continuously evolving enforcement policies, iterating our Machine Learning risk models, and exercising highjudgement decisionmaking where we cannot apply automation.
Our team is looking for a Program Manager to implement protections on products to mitigate fraudulent activity in our marketplaces. As a Program Manager, you will be expected to accurately identify gaps and mitigate risks observed in our current mechanisms and policies, and provide recommendations by exercising professional judgement. You will build matrix expertise: you will understand the ins and outs of certain categories of products and combine it to your knowledge of potential defects to come up with root causation and action plans. You will excel in navigating in a cross functional environment.
You will contribute to the weekly and monthly business reviews for North America.
An ideal candidate will have the ability to:
• Compile, organize, prepare, and maintain an assortment of records, reports, and information in an effective manner.
• Manage multiple program areas maintain ongoing operations, track delivery against program goal and implement proposals to improve rule accuracy.
• Proactively identify and resolve program issues that may impair the team's ability to meet goals.
• Assessing and prioritizing program/process needs based on data-driven analysis of Seller and Customer impact.
• Working across functional teams and across geographic regions
• Use independent judgement in routine and non-routine situations.
• Plan, organize, and/or prioritize daily assignments and work activities.
• Have appetite for Data deep dives.
• Comprehend and apply policies and procedures.
• In accordance with Amazon's inauthentic and safety standards, plan, perform, supervise, and coordinate the completion of assigned Perfect Order Experience projects within deadlines
• Identify gaps and mitigate risks observed in our current mechanisms and policies to increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations by providing recommendations using professional judgement to safeguard Amazon's global marketplaces.
• Establish teamwork by liaising with other Perfect Order Experience team members, by disseminating new information and ideas, by accepting constructive feedback, and by proactively engaging in new assignments when appropriate.
• Understand the work of other team members and challenge their understanding of current mechanisms and policies in order to further mitigate the risk of Buyers receiving inauthentic products or products that are not in the condition and with the functionality they are expecting.
• Work closely with stakeholders within Customer and Brand Trust by communicating appropriately to process owners and management during and at the conclusion of project. Perform follow up procedures to ensure agreed-upon controls have been implemented.
• Prevent Seller Partner friction by maintaining excellent relations with stakeholders and Selling Partners while communicating issues, concerns, and recommendations.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
• Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment
• Adept at being a change agent by bringing solutions/ideas to tackle any problem
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• A Bachelor's degree or higher
• 3+ years experience in program or project management
• Experience defining and executing against program requirements
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 2-5 years of relevant experience with any of the following: program/project management, risk management, financial institutions/auditing, etc.
• Exceptional written communication skills: able to write, clearly and succinctly
• Exceptional ownership and bias for action: willing to move quickly and decisively
• Strong critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically
• Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
• High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
• Excellent collaboration skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience working in risk, fraud, compliance, or ecommerce organizations
• Proven ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situation
• Proficiency in SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.