Program Manager II
- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? What would you do to create a trusted marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction? Amazon is seeking a Program Manager who is passionate about Operations, has strong bias for action, and has experience leading multi-organizational projects.
The Transaction Risk Management Systems (TRMS) group designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon. Not only do we protect all aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, we also deliver services to large and small merchants hosted on the Amazon platform. In addition, we evaluate new business opportunities from across the company to determine how we can minimize the risk associated with new initiatives.
We are seeking a Program Manager to support reduction in variations and partner to implement global solutions to improve our investigation processes in Compliance investigations. You will support the Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM) space across a large distributed team focused and determined to improve operational efficiency throughout the process life-cycle.
One of the key aspects of the role is supporting the US and international SAM Operational Business Function and driving the appropriate process improvements. As the PM, you will drive operational cost improvements, overall quality and customer experience, resource planning, appropriate training and necessary tools, decision quality, process efficiency and global alignment in partnership with the SAM Global Process Owner.
• Bachelors degree
• Proven project management experience
• Compliance or Risk Management experience
• Proven of experience leading projects in an Operations environment
• Knowledge of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve Control) problem solving techniques
• Knowledge of program management lifecycle, and skilled at project management tools
• Intermediate analytic skills
• Prior Compliance experience
• Large scale project management experience in leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
• Experience working in an Operations environment, driving improvements that have resulted in measurable business impact
• Proven analytical aptitude, including the ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets
• Six sigma black belt level capabilities in deconstructing processes and metrics, to identify areas of opportunity and lead the development and implementation of new processes
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and work under tight deadlines
• Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
• Ability to drive projects efficiently in a cross-functional environment by establishing respect and confidence in the business and technical communities
• Ability to motivate and focus people resources where there is no direct reporting relationship
• MBA or Masters degree in related field
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus
Back to top