Relay Operations Center (ROC) is the central command and control center for 'Transportation Execution' across the Amazon Supply Chain network supporting multiple geographies like NA, India and EU. It ensures hassle free, timely pick-up and delivery of freight from vendors to Amazon facilities and to carrier hubs. In case of any exceptions, ROC steps in to resolve the issue and keeps all the stakeholders informed on the proceedings.
In addition to this tactical problem solving, ROC is also charged with understanding trends in network exceptions and then automating processes or proposing process changes to streamline operations. This second aspect involves network monitoring and significant analysis of network data.
Overall, ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon transportation and thereby has a direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve its customers on time.
Purview of a Program Manager I at ROC
Program Manager I is responsible for managing a program and facilitating flow of information across multiple stakeholders to resolve any potential issues that impact customer experience/ business continuity. The candidate should have a basic understanding of the logistics space and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form. She/he should be able to understand the root cause for the issues and come up with process improvements to drive them through completion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Identify the defects arising in a program through deep dives and implement short term and long term solutions
• Identify the business impact of trends and make data backed decisions
• Managing a shift, constantly identifying opportunities to improve team performance and owning associated change management
• Responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects related to an existing program
• Develop appropriate milestones and launch schedules to ensure timely and successful delivery of a project
• Communicating with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Product, Finance, Tech)
• Escalating problems or variances in the information and data to the relevant owners and following through on resolutions
• Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis, as needed
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of work experience.
- Creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to provide excellent customer service.
- Should be flexible to adapt to a 24 x 7 operating environment
- Ability to pull data from databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems).
- MBA/ Master's degree in Operations from a reputed institute is preferred not mandatory
- Logistics/transportation background and lean/six sigma training is a plus
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.