Program Manager, GSF Procurement
- Nashville, TN
Program Manager, Procurement Services
Amazon Global Specialty Fulfillment is looking for Services Procurement Program Managers with proven procurement and project management experience. At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. In this fast-paced, high-growth environment, making data driven decisions is critical. The Services Procurement team supports nationwide Global Specialty Fulfillment Center services programs. This role requires the management of new and existing procurement programs, scoping and creating project plans, coordinating and driving execution, and clear communication to senior management. Cross-team coordination, program management and procurement skills are essential.
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage new and existing procurement programs, successfully delivering results across multiple Amazon organizations.
• Influence design and development of strategic procurement programs.
• Recognize and resolve issues and provide hands-on support to ensure procurement programs operate successfully across all locations.
• Own program communication, accelerating progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers, escalating as appropriate.
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects and using this data to drive/influence business decisions.
• Work directly with external providers, customers, and partner teams to craft and deliver scalable solutions.
• Maintain service levels across multiple vendors/providers ensuring services.
• Own and execute large-scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.
• Utilize standard analytical tools to analyze business metrics for optimization and derive actionable recommendations to meet business and procurement objectives.
• Manage or coordinate tactical procurement services and daily operations including Purchase Orders and Invoice management.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Ability to clearly communicating data insights to others.
• Influencing internal and external stakeholders.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business and the competitive landscape.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree within Business or related field.
• 3+ years of relevant procurement and/or program management experience.
• Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• MBA or advanced degree within, Business or related fields.
• Project/Program management certification (PMP, CAPM, CSM, etc).
• Experience communicating with senior management.
• Advanced data analysis skills; the ability to extract and synthesize data in order to make data-backed business decisions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to propose complex solutions and explanations in writing.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top