Program Manager - Finance Operations
- Bratislava, Slovakia
At Amazon we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our passion for invention leads us to continually pioneer and globalize new businesses and customer offerings. As a result Amazon continues to grow and evolve across many different business lines.
In supporting this growth and evolution, Amazon Finance Operations (FinOps) goal is to deliver seamless procure-to-pay, order-to-cash and payroll processes that enable geographic and market expansion across all Amazon's businesses, from Retail, Digital and Advertising through to AWS and Logistics, while ensuring regulatory and legal compliance. As part of this growth we now seek a Customer Obsessed, Results Driven Program Manager to join our expanding EMEA FinOps Program Management Office (PMO).
Amazon's not an average company and this is definitely not your average Program Management position. You'll have the opportunity to really make a difference in a high growth environment where your ability to drive a portfolio of complex programs and projects to successful, high quality, on-time launches will be key. This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity to join an area that touches every aspect of Amazon's wide range of businesses globally.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Delivering complex, large scale programs and projects from initiation through delivery by leading cross-functional, geographically diverse project teams.
• Understanding the business requirements and then ensuring these can be implemented from a people, process, policy and technology perspective by working with Amazon's technical teams to effectively design, develop, test and launch scalable solutions that address customer needs while meeting our high controllership standards.
• Ensuring consistent and efficient execution of projects, adhering to Amazon's governance and project methodology frameworks, to deliver optimal, high-quality, scalable solutions. This includes effective communication of project progression to stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• Identifying and mitigating potential risks and obstacles by collaborating closely with business partners, key stakeholders and team members. Ensuring Plan B's are always in place.
• Continually strengthening FinOps effectiveness with a relentless focus on identifying and delivering continuous improvement opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to deliver large scale, complex business program implementations in fast-paced, deadline driven and virtual environments, ideally involving systems development and integration. Additionally, they will have a proven ability to learn quickly, distill complex scenarios into easily understandable synopses and communicate persuasively, in both written and oral form.
Finally we require someone who can apply structured and analytical thinking to solve problems, while motivating their project teams, through superior influencing and inter-personal skills, to resolve conflicts, drive cross-functional decision making and deliver results.
Amazon highly values diversity and has a number of initiatives in place to facilitate career opportunities and support individual career growth, including flexible working. There is a structured and supportive on-boarding environment to support new starters in getting up to speed quickly.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2350 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology or related field.
• 5+ years of program/project management experience in a mid/large size company with a proven record of successful project delivery working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently while dealing with high levels of ambiguity.
• Relevant project management accreditation e.g. PMP, Prince2.
• Proven capability working with, presenting to and influencing senior executives.
• Prior Payroll and/or HR systems experience
Back to top