Program Manager, Finance and Business Integration
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Amazon has an immediate opening for a Program Manager to join our Finance and Business Integration team.
This position supports and directly influences the launches of some of Amazon's newest global business initiatives in the consumer products, digital, merchant services, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business. The program manager will work closely with the global financial systems team, accounting operations teams, tax, treasury, and others on new initiatives to provide integrated accounting requirements to the business teams. In addition, the program manager is a member of a project team which partners with our operational accounting and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools used to support new launches and design inputs to longer-term platform development.
Successful candidates for this position will have a minimum of three years professional experience working with financial processes, project management, accounting requirements documentation, process design, and user acceptance testing responsibilities. They will have developed a passion for delivering process improvement across the accounting organization. This position is expected to have a deep sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business and IT groups.
In addition successful candidates will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing through ambiguity and complexity, and demonstrate and ability to support multiple, simultaneous, project launches at any one time. Candidates are also expected to have sufficient finance experience to help the project launch team identify and incorporate the necessary financial reporting and internal control elements into the systems or tools that are developed to support new business activities.
• 3+ years experience in program or project management
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 3+ years of relevant experience in accounting
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Experience in finance projects, including requirement gathering and testing in environments with distributed systems
• Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
• Proven ability to influence and make an impact
• Excellent analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top