- Shenzhen, China
Amazon's Relay Operations team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated team player to manage the movement of freight across Amazon's fulfillment network. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
An ideal candidate has a background in transportation and excellent leadership and management skills. He/she has the ability to pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems, and a proven track record of reducing the occurrence of problems due to proactive root cause elimination.
This job will require exceptional communication and influencing skills while working in a high pressure environment with some ambiguity. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Managing a team that works to resolve network problems in a timely way with high quality. Need the ability to analyze data and proactively identify opportunities to eliminate the root causes of these problems and ultimately reduce the overall number of problems/cases
Ability to initiate and lead projects, and influence all levels of management to re-engineer business processes.
Must be able to identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon's transportation operations Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
Development of countermeasures and real time process improvements to address team deficiencies, both observed and through data analysis.
Drive performance and quality related metrics for the entire team to achieve the right behavior and business results.
Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon tech teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools.
Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions based on available data.
Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered. Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.
Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to create a narrative outlining your weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
3+ years of applicable professional experience required
Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional programs
Experience with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.
Experience with data mining, data analysis and tools such as SQL, Tableau or Microsoft Access
Strong analytical, technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and execute many complex tasks simultaneously
• MBA/MS and work experience in dedicated project management highly desired
• Experience or use of PMP/Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
• Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in stressful situations
• Demonstrated problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
• Proven ability to influence internal/external stakeholders without authority to adopt new processes/initiatives
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business and the competitive landscape
Back to top