- Bengaluru, India
The AWS Ultraviolet Team is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager, comfortable with dealing with ambiguity and working in fast pace of innovation to support the rollout of COVID-19 testing. AWS is working to ensure the health and safety of employees working essential functions in data centers and critical facilities. This highly visible role will work across AWS Data Center Operations, Software Development, HR, Legal, Public Policy, Employee Relations, and Communications team to expand testing capabilities to new countries where AWS operates critical facilities. They will work closely with software development teams across all of Amazon (not just AWS) to launch new applications to support testing, orchestrate end-to-end software and process testing/integration, adapt software to meet local testing requirements in new countries, and prioritize new feature development improve ongoing employee testing experience.
A successful TPM in this role needs to be able to parse operational, policy, and technical elements that may be unique from site to site. Concise and effective communication is a key requirement to work across many teams and potential organizational, language, and geographic boundaries. Responsibilities will include:
• Owning and executing against roll out timelines in multiple new AWS locations. Launch TPM will drive localization efforts with software development teams, Public Policy, HR, Finance, and Core UV.
• Developing requirements for updates to critical software tools to facilitate COVID-19 testing (scheduling, inventory, handling, logistics).
• Prioritizing software development features and holding teams accountable to delivery.
• Driving technology development for AWS specific implementations and integration with company wide technology stacks that support COVID-19 testing. This includes negotiating resources from software teams across the company, articulating and advocating for AWS specific use cases, and resolving conflicts in delivery with simple technology solutions.
• Creating and improving on AWS specific processes, procedures, and mechanisms to facilitate testing and improve program success.
• Working with HR, Employee Relations, and Communications teams to track employee engagement and participation.
• Developing AWS specific metrics reporting for InfraOps and HR leadership.
• Bachelors degree in statistics, business, finance, computer science, engineering, or a related field
• 5+ years of technical project management, operations, software delivery experience
• Demonstrated ability in managing projects with operational components
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Master's degree in an engineering or a related field
• Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of responsibility. Able to handle sensitive information and keep it confidential
• Quantitative analytical abilities
• Strong organizational skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top