Program Manager, Display Advertising, CPG
Interested in leveraging your program management, digital advertising and relationship management skills to help Amazon.com develop and grow new advertising programs? Amazon is seeking an experienced Sr. Program Manager with a love of learning and experimentation to drive custom solutions and non-standard ad products for Amazon's largest advertising clients. As a Sr. Program Manager you will be focused on delivering custom solutions and managing custom programs that help customers discover, research and buy from leading brands and categories across Amazon. You will be working cross-functionally with Advertising Sales, Product Management, Tech and Design/Web Development in addition to multiple Amazon and Amazon owned & operated teams. In this capacity, you will be the single point of contact for all internal communications, the primary partner contact during product execution, and act as the responsible party for fully executing against all contractual obligations. This position will work with a diverse set of clients with an emphasis on CPG-industry advertisers.
- Successfully execute all contractual obligations ensuring a high level of satisfaction and realization of partnership/project goals for custom advertising products.
- Implement all campaign components for new and complex advertising programs that may include promotions, sweepstakes, new ad placements and innovative advertiser features.
- Develop production schedules and workflow/training documentation for end-to-end campaign management and execution of Custom-managed programs.
- Monitor, aggregate and communicate program-level reporting to internal teams including ongoing campaign-level analytics and campaign wrap-up analysis. Educate clients and internal teams on new advertising program elements and opportunities.
- Contribute in the launch of new products by participating in user interface design, usability testing, requirements definition, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, and launch efforts.
- Work cross-functionally with designers, software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, product managers and other PMs/Project Managers, ensuring that all teams understand partner- and Amazon strategy and goals.
- Drive Custom program requirement definitions, create compelling value propositions for advertisers, and ensure solutions include plans for metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, and launch efforts.
- Manage resources and feature prioritization across multiple product groups and feel comfortable working with technical teams to make decisions about complex problems.
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Present confidently to Amazon senior management as well as other large audiences.
- Work at all levels in the organization, with no job being considered too large or small.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years in program management or related discipline (digital product management, product marketing or online retail experience considered)
- Online display advertising industry experience and/or previous business development/publisher experience are highly desired.
- Experience with content monetization or ad-packaging a plus.
- Passionate about advertising and have experience creating compelling solutions that work both for end-customers and advertisers.
- Facility with harnessing big, creative ideas for online media, growing the business and working with advertisers and agencies to build innovative products
- Basic understanding of technical integration of concepts, and the ability to build relationships with marketing & product managers, sales stakeholders, dev managers, SDEs and designers.
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize. Strong written and oral communications skills are supremely important.
- A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top