Are you interested in shaping the future of movies, television, and digital video? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is worldwide in over 240 countries and on over 200 devices including Kindle Fire, PlayStation® 3/4, Xbox 360/One, Roku and Sony Bravia, Panasonic, Samsung, Vizio, and LG connected TVs or Blu-Ray Players. Amazon Video Central enables our partners all around the globe to deliver and manage their content on Prime Video.
As a Sr. Program Manager for Video Central, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on the strategy to deliver new selection to our customers around the world by enabling our studio and content providers to leverage our new Video Central platform. We are looking for someone who can manage the execution of key content partner projects across a diverse set of stakeholders within Amazon Video.
The Sr. Program Manager will work across Amazon Video's internal product and engineering teams, and the operations teams who manage studio partners, to prioritize, report and deliver on a wide range of initiatives. These may include feature launches, content projects, or the rollout of new standards. A key focus for this individual will be to standardize and simplify processes and through this improve operational efficiency for both Amazon and its studio partners. A successful candidate will have a strong customer focus and experience in data analysis, project management, partner communication, and operations. The candidate must have demonstrated sound business judgment with an ability to think strategically about the fast-growing business while at the same time has the analytical ability and intelligence to dive into the tactical details. They must have demonstrated experience working in a cross-functional capacity and a proven track record of delivering. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tight-knit team that is quickly expanding our global video service. Having a keen sense of ownership, drive, and a passion for digital video is must.
The ideal candidate will have a strong program management background, have experience in leading large cross functional projects, and have a well-rounded background in the digital video industry. Key responsibilities include:
- Influencing a wide variety of cross-functional stakeholders
- Driving prioritization and coordination with internal teams
- Clarifying and driving project priorities and commitments as well as establishing clear accountability with teams across multiple geographic locations
- Effectively communicating within Amazon to gain required resources and appropriate management attention/support
- Developing and managing plans and roadmaps that successfully deliver promised results
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
- 7-10 years of demonstrated results as a program manager in a technical, e-commerce, or media-related environment. BS/BA required.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, program management and coordination among multiple cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at the executive level
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; bias for action
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Business judgment and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary
- Proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Proactive attitude and willingness to dig deep to achieve goals
- Advanced knowledge with all MS Office tools including Excel
- Experience and understanding of the entertainment industry, digital media, and/or digital video supply chain.
- Experience implementing lean/Six Sigma process improvement methodology
- A passion for digital media and entertainment.
- Experience using SQL in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
MBA or advanced degree
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top