OpsTechIT is looking for a Program Manager, Customer Projects to own and support strategic, cross-functional technology projects. This position will be a part of the OpsTech IT Customer Engagement Project Team.
As a Program Manager, Customer Projects, you will act as a single point of contact for all customer needs related to their IT Infrastructure and end user equipment needs, track and document their projects. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across your region. You will focus on identifying and creation of projects with the customer and responsible for delivery of the solution.
• Develop and track projects: create project scoping documents, timelines, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution coordinating remote work closely with field teams.
• Document and manage Monthly Business Reviewss (MBRs)
• Provide project management and cordinate stakeholders to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
• Act as an point of contact for the project team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the project.
• Own updates and knowledge documentation regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate hardware standards are met and the correct equipment is procured.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths and with maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task and project health data for all your projects in the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool.
• Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality, inspect prospective and completed facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures, and ensure proper follow-up.
• Facilitate formal turn-over with onsite team, support partners and monitor deliverables until agreed upon launch/project milestone is achieved.
• Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
• Identify opportunities to streamline deployments, share best practices with your peers and leaders and implement continuous improvement actions on a regular basis.
This role will include up to 50% domestic travel.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience managing global IT projects.
• Advanced Degree
• Experience with Supply Chain and core IT infrastructure components and service concepts.
• Experience with IT software deployment.
• 5+ years of experience managing IT infrastructure/software projects from initiation to closure
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
• Beginner to intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies, and Software development experience
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment
• Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments
• Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and SharePoint
• PMP Certification preferred
• Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .