Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the Role
As the Program Manager for Customer Anecdote Miner (CAM), you will own the expansion of CAM to all potential Amazon users and influencing the roadmap and 3YP of the platform based on user needs learned. The job involves sourcing potential leads, conducting road shows, pursuing the leads to understand their needs, bridging the gaps between user needs and CAM's features by working with technology and solution provider teams, transitioning potential users to CAM, and driving adoption. You will be the strategic point of contact to business, operations and technology teams of Amazon worldwide, and must therefore be comfortable and confident liaising with remote global teams in business and technology at senior leadership levels.
You will manage business impact via functional activities and will be accountable for designing and delivering on all KPIs of the same. You should define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data, drive improvements that are quantified with metrics, and influence resource allocation. You will solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks). You will be data-driven and demonstrate good judgment in how and when to escalate (without damaging relationships). A successful candidate will be an exceptional strategic thinker and will have exposure to customer experience improvement.
Key skills for the role include an extraordinary ability to deal with ambiguity, to network effectively and influence partner teams without authority, to overcome unforeseen obstacles, and a passion to develop a deep understanding of the tech product.
Key job responsibilities
- Source and identify potential users of CAM across Amazon's worldwide teams
- Organize roadshows to create visibility about CAM's features and problems it can solve
- Map user needs against CAM's features, identify feature gaps across potential/current users, and quantify the impact for each feature
- Handhold potential users to onboard to CAM by building and executing a transition plan, that ensures business continuity for the users
- Build solutions, that includes customizations and long-term platform features, and drive adoption for CAM
- Define adoption metrics for the platform, identify drivers, setup weekly/monthly/quarterly business reviews on progress made and plans to drive needle movement on adoption
- Manage stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on various project milestones, process changes, and escalations
- Design and develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders across Amazon
- Ensure high quality standards for interviewing and hiring employees at all levels of the organization
- Provide ad-hoc support and analysis to senior leaders on strategy documents and research requests
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- Masters Degree
- Experience in driving adoption for tech products/platforms, and working closely with product and technology teams
- Experience in influencing at all levels within a large, cross-functional organization
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, and handle a steep learning curve