Program Manager, Capital Planning - Nashville OR Seattle based
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Engineering Services is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Program Manager that can provide capital planning and project management support directly contributing to growing Amazon's customer fulfillment network. As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing Customer Fulfillment Business Units, including support for new buildings, expansions, retrofits and new technology initiatives.
• As a Program Manager you will manage and support one or multiple of Amazon's business units: Global Customer Fulfillment, Global Air Program, Global Specialty Fulfillment, Amazon Logistics, Emerging Markets, PillPack, Merch by Amazon, Sort Center Network, and Initiatives.
• In this role you will be required to develop estimates, assumptions, schedules, cash flow forecasts, track budgets, and manage execution plans.
• A successful Program Manager partners and contributes across all functions within Customer Fulfillment and will actively manage multiple stakeholders including Finance, Program Management Office, Supply Chain Capacity, Startup, Launch, Real Estate, Construction, Operations Engineering, and Procurement.
• You will ultimately be responsible to ensure that adequate project funding is secured enabling on time and under budget project execution.
• You will manage internal teams and build processes and tools to enable scalable and flexible operations.
• You will retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Tableau, SQL or other data management systems.
• Key attributes of a successful PM for this role include excellent written and verbal communication, ability to learn and be curious, and strong financial acumen. Candidate must be highly motivated and effective within distributed teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in complex project management roles, with proven ability to deliver workable solutions and on-time projects
• 3 years leading large-scale projects and programs utilizing data to drive decision-making and process improvement.
• Experience managing, influencing, and negotiating project requirements with business partners and cross functional teams.
• Advanced Proficiency in Excel and/or Tableau
• Proficiency using SQL or other data analysis tools/languages.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to peers and senior leadership teams.
• Comfortable with ambiguities, conflicting priorities and multi-cultural and matrix environment. Work under pressure and aggressive timelines.
• Master's degree/MBA or other advanced degree in Engineering, Finance, or related field
• Finance acumen - analysis, capital portfolio management, etc.
• Amazon Operations Engineering, Startup, and/or Launch experence
• PMP Certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top