Program Manager, Capacity Planning
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
The Amazon device team designs & engineers high profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. We provide customers a fully integrated service with instant access to over 27 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
The speech data services team is part of Amazon's speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for a variety of Amazon products and searches, most visibly, the recently launched Amazon Echo product.
Program Manager – Capacity is a newly created role where we are looking for an exceptional leader who is passionate about the Customer Experience, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations in the industry to join us as Program Manager. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis. The ideal candidate is a leader with demonstrated ability to learn new capacity planning methodologies process mapping, process roll out and organization adherence to new processes. This opportunity requires excellent problem-solving, communication skills and a strong track record of delivering results. Cross-team collaboration, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential. A strong record of customer advocacy and influence without authority is important for this role.
The successful candidate will work in lock-step with multiple business teams, ADS Operations, Finance and Leadership. He/she will:
- Build and implement capacity planning processes across ADS that will allow ADS organization to scale to customer demand in the coming years
- Lead projects to define and align ADS Operations organization structures to deliver on capacity plan
- Define and group task complexities for ADS operations and align team structures in training and operations to the aggregated skills
- Identify/Implement capacity planning and management tools and technology enablers that will improve operating accuracy and efficiency
- Coordinate with Operations, Capacity Planning, Finance, and local site workflow teams to maintain and update plans.
- Communicate these plans and report on their execution to various stakeholders, and continuously improve the planning and execution cycle.
- Lead Projects to improve planning efficiency and support worldwide network of business units, and operational centers.
- Monitor performance by analyzing performance statistics and financial results; evaluating staffing schedules to match contact volumes; evaluating potential productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; determining system and process improvements.
- Prepare management reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends and developing recommendations
- Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network.
- Utilize existing tools and help to drive development of tool improvements.
- A bachelor's degree in an analytical or business field, or comparable business experience with technical background.
- 4+ years' program management experience in a in a consumer-facing or technology role
- 1+ years' of experience in managing organization level change management and restructuring
- Masters in a business field.
- Strong Ownership- Ability to go beyond the defined boundaries of work to deliver on behalf of the organization and the customers
- Communication skills – Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems through simple means. Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm
- A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Professional traits that is not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Is results oriented
- Knowledge of or experience with spoken language understanding technologies a plus
- Prior background working with operations for business-critical services, including estimating resource requirements, defining metrics, and driving improvements to operational processes
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and SCRUM practices
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders, peers and executives, and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics representing end-user experiences for speech products and services
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top