Program Manager, Business Operations
The Amazon Books team is looking for a Program Manager who is customer-focused and passionate about reading to develop and launch mechanisms enabling Amazon's global Books business to meet readers' and publishers' needs across all formats and languages. You will own programs that enable more efficient coordination across global Vendor Management and Product teams and drive key mechanisms for managing a complex, global business.
This role is inherently cross-functional; success will depend on your ability to operate within a matrix of teams, develop alignment across many stakeholders, and drive compliance among teams and individuals. You will work closely with finance partners, leadership, and functional teams to develop, execute, and strengthen mechanisms for goals, planning, and training across an international set of stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in program management, finance partnership, compliance or paralegal work. Your customers are the members and leadership of the Books Content Acquisition team, and success includes enabling them to run and inspect their business while delivering for customers at scale.
Key responsibilities and deliverables include:
• Strengthening our goals setting and reporting mechanisms by establishing a rigorous and efficient process with clear expectations, sharing of best practices, and compliance;
• Running planning and business review processes (OP, MBR, QBR) for the Content Acquisition org, in partnership with global Books leadership;
• Driving org communication and engagement mechanisms such as all-hands, town halls, and global team summits;
• Developing and improving a playbook for tools and best practices across Books Content Acquisition functions, and closing process gaps as they are identified by working with stakeholders to understand problems, recommend solutions, and then audit closure.
• 3+ years of experience in program management, finance partnership, paralegal or compliance work
• Bachelor's degree
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including prioritization, planning, task delegation and coordination with global teams.
• Bias for action and ability to influence stakeholders outside of your immediate organization.
• Love of reading and curiosity for language and cultures.
• Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively to internal leadership and stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top