Program Manager Benchmarking
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Transportation Engineering Services Benchmarking team as a Program Manager.
The Program Manager will play a critical role for defining process within the Transportation Execution team and benchmark the processes within the different business units globally. They will be responsible for defining Amazon values and technology with the best of lean management and six sigma to achieve excellence. The team will benchmark processes across Pre-Construction, Construction, Engineering, and Start up.
• Utilize Lean Six Sigma based continuous improvement methodologies to engage teams to solve customer problems.
• Drive speed, quality, and simplification by eliminating rework loops, reducing and automating manual work and hand-offs, identifying and implementing best practices across the business, and minimizing process variability through standardization and automation.
• Ability to motivate others to achieve impeccable quality in an explosive growth and deadline-driven environment.
• Diagnose Amazon processes, identify improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies, and guide the improvement effort.
• Responsible for leading and driving process improvements (short-term wins) as well as process design / redesign (long-term wins) efforts.
• Create global best practice documentation and facilitate sharing across the globe.
• Maintain close relationships with internal stakeholders and understanding our highest priority execution pain-points and opportunities, which will translate into benchmarking initiatives that improve processes, tools, and team capabilities.
• Provide feedback for engineering concepts, RFP development for MHE as well as Construction efforts.
• Manage vendors to follow Amazon expectations.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
• 4+ years of successful project/program leadership experience and facilitation of large cross-functional teams in business operations and technology process improvement areas
• Experience with construction and engineering processes including planning, execution and closeout
• Experience deploying transactional lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
• Master's degree (MBA, Engineering, Operations Management, Mathematics, Science)
• Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification
• Experience with written and verbal communications for both technical and non-technical audiences at the senior leadership level
• Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics, providing metrics inputs to various reporting venues, and communicating key performance indicators to stakeholders in support of business objectives
• Advanced skills in statistical analyses
• Facilitation experience at all levels of the organization with both large and small audiences
• Proven experience in working with large scale technology systems
• Self-starter who takes the initiative and works with minimal direction
• Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate with cross functional teams
• Courageous and willing to stand up for your ideas within appropriate guidelines
• Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analyzing data to challenge conventional wisdom, make fact-based decisions, and drive root cause analysis, and evaluate outcomes
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
• Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top