World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) APJ Enablement is looking for an experienced Vertical Enablement Program Manager who is great fun to work with, because at Amazon Web Services, our motto is, "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." We are looking for an energetic and dynamic individual to collaborate with our vertical sales teams and own vertical enablement in APJ.
You will combine a solid understanding of Public Sector sales and market dynamics. You will have a keen eye for detail, and the ability to synthesize vast information while making it usable amongst a diverse sales audience. You will manage tools, training, content, processes, and other enablement programs that equip AWS Public Sector vertical teams in APJ to better serve customers and grow the business. The focus will be on our WWPS APJ Education, Government, NPO and/or Healthcare teams. This role encompasses both designing project plans that will accelerate each initiative, while also tactically implementing each program individually and/or in concert with cross-functional team members. You will work closely with the global and APJ enablement teams, our vertical business leaders, sales teams, subject matter experts, and other cross-functional leads. You will examine existing business practices, identify new initiatives that would result in timesaving, efficiencies and increased sales productivity and effectiveness. Examples of programs driven by you would include developing business enablement resources for the specific sales verticals, driving ongoing learning efforts, while supporting programs that ultimately enable account teams to accelerate sales pipeline.
You will have an opportunity to combine a passion for problem solving, coaching and enthusiasm for technology to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships with new and tenured sales employees. You will also work closely with many stakeholders (Business Operations, Lead Development Representatives, Project/Program Managers) to discover and meet the objectives of the organization. You must have a combination of relevant experience serving sales and business development organizations and project management/program management experience in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills as well as exceptional presentation skills. Experience within organizations supporting the public sector and direct sales experience.
This is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will manage and own vertical training and enablement programs for APJ end-to-end. The role is based in Singapore or Australia, but covering APJ. Experience delivering Instructor Led and Virtual Instructor Led training is a key hiring requirement as is prior field sales success. Equally important, in a new post-pandemic environment, will be the ability to travel 15-25%, once travel (international/ domestic) restrictions are lifted
• Create, execute, and manage role-based/ vertical sales learning sessions for new and existing account teams, supporting specific training needs; add this content to existing programs or deliver as net-new training/ programs. Where appropriate, conduct Train the Trainer sessions to scale relevant material to other geos/verticals.
• Manage the design, build and implementation of training/enablement programs working with category, service teams and the WWPS sales/ vertical/ geo teams to define and drive Mission & Workload based training and enablement programs.
• For each initiative, develop a program plan and communicate strategy to leaderships and stakeholders; fully own end-to-end progress against targeted objectives.
• Assist in the development and scaling of vertical enablement activities throughout the year, working closely with colleagues to identify gaps within the teams' needs, and design and implement programs to meet business requirements.
• Develop cross-functional enablement resources and content for the WWPS APJ Education, Government, NPO and/or Healthcare teams while leveraging existing resources for implementation and rollout of programs.
• Perform detailed needs assessments in collaboration with various stakeholders within the APJ vertical teams. Translate business needs into clear program requirements that inform scalable and repeatable initiatives.
• Plan and facilitate OR scale existing onboarding content, ongoing training, tools training, account planning and other improvement opportunities.
• Identify program roadblocks, research and present root-cause analysis, and manage resolution.
• Design and implement metrics to measure impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility of programs. Measure and report on the effectiveness of enablement investments through dashboards and recurring reporting mechanisms.
• Maintain scheduled deadlines, detailed training and initiative status reports, and introduce processes to optimize management of program/ projects across the WWPS APJ Education, Government, NPO and/or Healthcare teams.
• Collaborate with public sector training team to educate account teams and introduce new programs build, launch and scale enablement content. Collaboration with the central training team worldwide to build and launch new content.
• Provide guidance regarding enablement initiatives and recommendations to the sales organization
Candidates should have 10+ years of relevant sales training, coaching and enablement experience; or prior experience in relevant sales, or business consulting with some training experience.
The ideal candidate has the work authorisation to work in either Singapore or Australia. Other requirements include:
• Strong understanding of the Education, Government, NPO and/or Healthcare business segments.
• Having a combination of training, program management, sales enablement, direct sales, sales operations experience with increasing influence and responsibility. Must have experience in implementing sales methodologies. (ie. training, sales, and cloud experience is the combination for an ideal fitment)
• Program management experience, including projects with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders.
• Possess a high level of self-motivation, and have an excellent work ethic. Demonstrated project/ programs ownership and consistent delivery on commitments.
• Strategic thinker that can distill broad visions and concepts into structured plans, actions and measurable metrics; and execute those plans and deliver benefits.
• A key hiring requirement is for the candidate to demonstrate the ability to translate business needs into a field enablement plan; Comfortable understanding global business needs and positioning solutions with sales and business stakeholders across multiple functional domains (e.g., sales, technical, operations, marketing, etc).
• Strong presentation, writing, and communication skills are required.
• Entrepreneurial skills with experience implementing new programs and concepts within organizations, working closely with senior level cross-functional stakeholders.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to maintain high levels of accuracy in work products.
• Experience using sales or customer relationship management (CRM) tools such as Salesforce.com and various content/knowledge management systems.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Products (Excel, Outlook and SharePoint)
• Ability to be flexible and a good understanding of how to get things done in an unstructured environment
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services or Cloud Computing concepts
• Knowledge of adult learning principles as a preferred quality.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status