Program Manager - Amazon Video Localization
Amazon Video has launched globally. With our massive catalog of titles and advanced delivery systems, we are changing the way our customers watch movies and TV shows. As we expand our reach across the world, localization of our video library is highly critical to delivering an excellent customer experience. We are seeking a Program Manager for Video Catalog Localization in the Amazon Instant Video group to help meet the exciting challenges of an industry that is doubling in size every year.
This program manager will focus on building the operations team to directly manage the creation and fulfillment of subtitles and dubbed audio for our vast and varied video catalog. In addition to asset creation operations, this team will also manage QC of third-party files to ensure that they are delivered to Amazon's quality standards. You will directly evolve and manage industry-changing workflows using the latest technologies we develop, at a global scale.
The ideal candidate has a deep appreciation of the variations in global cultures, a passion for language, and a strong commitment to continuous learning. You will be part of a team that is focused on excellence and consistently raising the bar for ourselves and our customers. With the freedom and support to explore your own ideas, you will have the reward of seeing your contributions entertain and amaze millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
- Overall responsibility for localization operations management, focusing on global distribution of our subscription catalog.
- Partnering with localization providers to create subtitling and translation plans to meet catalog localization needs (from bid review to project delivery).
- Catalog monitoring and analysis to ensure localization and accessibility coverage goals are exceeded. Initiate acquisition or creation of localized assets if coverage falls short of goals
- Evolve workflows to manage localization requirements for other content types like metadata, art work, and x-ray content
- Directly manage any accelerated turnaround projects executed by in-house translation team
- Create budgets and forecasts, as well as work with accounts payable team for vendor payments.
- Develop metrics dashboard and other quality analysis systems (SLAs, KPIs) to monitor and refine quality processes
- Consistently work towards improving tools, technologies, and processes
- Understand and exemplify the Amazon leadership principles
- Extensive experience managing subtitling or dubbing workflows, preferably for the entertainment industry
- Excellent knowledge of localization industry, its wide range of services, and associated costs
- Familiarity with timed text technical specifications and territory-wise subtitling styles
- In-depth knowledge of regional localization requirements and differing customer expectations
- Business analytics and experience with procurement and RFP initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree
- Passion for language and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong math skills and familiarity with data analysis methodologies
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Commitment to continuous improvement and unwillingness to accept anything less than an excellent product
Professional working proficiency in a second language
Experience as a translator / subtitle editor / dubbing adapter
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top