Program Manager - Amazon Video Direct
Amazon Video Direct is a new self-service program for creators and storytellers to make their video content available to Amazon customers, including tens of millions of Prime members.We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights.
We are seeking a Program Manager for the Amazon Video Direct operations team. In this role you will participate in developing workflows for processing content submissions and enforcement of the Amazon Video Direct guidelines and policies.This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, operations, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Key activities include:
- Establish goals, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve program objectives
- Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate progress against goals to support team activities and report to management on weekly/monthly basis
- Work cross-functionally with the Amazon Video Direct content licensing, product management, engineering, merchandising and finance teams to document and define initiatives and drive them through execution
- Bachelors degree is required
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the program management space
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with business owners to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Expertise in data mining, data management, and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- Masters degree or MBA
- Experience and understanding of digital media and/or digital video supply chain desired
- A passion for digital media and digital video
- German, Japanese, Italian or Portuguese language proficiency preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top