Program Manager - Amazon Global Logistic China
- Amiens, France
GM Program Manager will be member of Amazon Global Mile China team. He/She will be the leader and program manager of cross-functional projects and initiatives and uphold the highest standard of Amazon cross boarder operation.
Amazon is continuing to enhance its capabilities to source directly from the factories of its major suppliers globally and establish its global supply chain to meet the customer demand and increasingly elections. For this purpose we set up an Origin LSP & Carrier PM Role to develop Amazon global mile capabilities at origin country and help to drive origin endorsement and enablement toward global strategies.
As an Origin PM you will implement supply chain and operational strategies to drive the performance of the ocean, air and rail carriers, manage LSPs, streamline and optimize process, drive the cost efficiencies for retail DI business. The role of Origin PM will be identifying opportunities and implementing initiatives to improve the flow of goods (cost, time and visibility) across Amazon retail program (including DI and PB business). This individual will partner with various teams across Amazon (Retail, Compliance, Supply Chain Technology, Finance and Inbound teams) as well as external partners to support critical new business initiatives and drive continuous improvement in all aspects of our program. The successful candidate is an innovator, communicator, influencer and problem solver who works well in a fast-paced, ambiguous setting. This candidate demonstrates strong ownership with technical skill-set, taking data-driven approach to solve complex problems across our Imports supply chain.
• Measure origin LSP performance via performance-metrics, have weekly/Quarterly meeting with Origin LSP to identify operational defects and improving area through data-driven approach, and establish actions plan to drive LSP performance to meet Amazon's requirement.
• Manage the origin performance of carriers, including ocean, air, and rail carriers, analyze the route-reasons behind the gaps versus the target, and establish the actions plan to drive the carriers to achieve Origin Performance.
• Manage origin pick-up trucker's performance against Amazon requirement, set the new lane ID for the pick-up service request and assign the trucker to the new lane. Evaluate the milk-run request from LSP and promptly approve or decline the milk-run.
• Work cross functionally to promptly deal with operational escalations from ocean/air/rail/origin pick-up carriers and LSP, identify the opportunity of process improvements and build best practices for origin operations.
• Drive root-cause analysis and reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and initiatives to manage improvements.
• Collaborate with The Global team to manage space for ocean/air/rail to meet the demand of retail business.
• Validate the exception request of low utilization of container from related parties, promptly approve or decline the request.
• Communicate clearly and professionally with senior leadership in reporting, delivering project updates, and handling escalations
- Bachelor degree in business, supply chain, economics, cross border logistics or other quantitative discipline
- Candidates must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills, and a strong customer focus
- Strong verbal and written English and Chinese
- Strong communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet operational performance goals and project goals
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail, and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Related experience (8+ years) in supply chain management or project management;
- Analysis and proposal of data-driven solutions for business
- Background or good understanding of Cross Boarder freighter forwarder business and logistics
- Data analysis skill (SQL, Tableau,etc) is a plus
- sufficient narrative writing skill is a plus
Back to top