This role is available in Toronto, Austin, Bellevue/Seattle, or Nashville
Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon has invested in Amazon Logistics, a world class last mile operation.
We are looking for a program manager who has experience working through ambiguity, leading complex initiatives, and working across teams to investigate and identify opportunities to improve background checks, driver vetting and increase end customer safety. From Day 1, this program manager is given ownership of large programs; the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions; and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience.
This Program Manager will be key in improving onboarding and background check processes and services. You will define requirements, coordinate across dependent teams, help build reporting mechanisms, manage stakeholders and vendors, establish new processes, work with cross-functional partners to communicate issues and progress, and verify that customer-focused background check and onboarding solutions are implemented. This role requires working closely with teams across the Last Mile org., HR, external vendors, and support teams to carry out the mission of the team. A key responsibility of this role is optimization of the current procedures for country specific nuances and so regional awareness and sensitivity will be important in this role. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, threats, and risks.
• Work with internal stakeholders to define requirements for new programs.
• Partner with global stakeholders to accommodate country-specific use cases and nuances into your work.
• Coordinate across several teams to achieve results.
• Determine strategic working objectives, identify gaps, evaluate, recommend and execute to achieve strategic priorities.
• Partner with internal teams to identify problems and real-time solutions, including data analytics and reporting.
• Provide strategic direction and thought leadership for onboarding and driver vetting.
• Actively participate in feature launches getting buy-in and supporting operations and support teams.
• Foster a culture of shared ideas and learning, sharing best practices with relevant teams.
• Negotiate and identify opportunities for cost improvement.
• Manage multiple complex cross-team projects and investigations end-to-end.
• Enable effective investigations and business team escalations in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity and create structure for the space you own.
• Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline
• 5+ years of program management experience
• 5+ years of consumer facing software management experience
• 2+ years experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver programs and projects on tight deadlines, with dependencies on operations, technology, and business teams.
• Corporate gig economy experience
• Experience with background check process
• Experience working with global teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us(Opens in a new tab).