Program Manager, Amazon Business
Amazon Business is a new marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses.
We are passionate about building a rare shopping experience with access to hundreds of millions of products, business-only selection, free two-day shipping (on eligible orders of $49 or more), business pricing, multi-user business accounts, approval workflow, business payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated business customer support and much more.
We now have more than one million business customers since launching in April of 2015 and access to more than 85,000 business sellers. We serve businesses of all sizes and across industries, including hospitals, educational institutions, labs, daycares, government agencies, restaurants, Fortune 50 companies and sole proprietors.
Do you love connecting people to what is important and why? What about being an essential part of a growing business? Then this could be the job for you.
We are seeking a technically strong and passionate Program Manager (PgM) to own creation and ongoing operation of the onboarding tools and mechanisms for Amazon Business product teams, along with the operational metrics for benefits and engagement. You will work across the entire Amazon Business organization, in partnership with trainers and instructional specialists to drive a reusable and easy to understand program of training tools. Additionally, you will own and develop our internal communications frameworks for key program activities including access to core strategic, operational, and business metrics.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to take the initiative to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and autonomously, manage in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and pivot as needed to support new or changed needs in a growing business. You are passionate about growth and success of your organization, and have past experience in building out similar programs for new or growing businesses quickly and to scale. You are able to think both strategically and tactically and are comfortable operating at both levels. You are able to learn and understand technical needs and translate them into reusable and accessible tools for teams.
- Collaborate effectively with Amazon Business product, tech, sales, marketing, legal, and partner teams on designing, building, and managing department initiatives for initial and ongoing training and onboarding.
- Results and Accountability: Build and monitor key performance indicators for tools and training, and perform ongoing needs analysis.
- Change management and innovation: identify operational gaps for training and onboarding and determine a plan to resolve.
- Management and/or coordination of internal communication tools and mechanisms (e.g., sharepoint), including owning the global framework for easily accessible and understandable sources for key Amazon Business strategic and operational data, including access to templates, standards, and existing core documentation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Operations, or a related discipline and/or 3+ years of related work experience
- 5 + years relevant work experience with a technology-based program
- Experience formulating and implementing training/performance improvement strategies, methodologies, and procedures for standardization and delivery throughout the organization
- Experience with process improvement and change management
- Experience working with distributed global teams
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office, and SharePoint
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication with multiple levels of leadership and subject matter experts involving business, operations, and technical sides of business
- Proven ability to operate independently in a rapidly changing environment and be comfortable flexible to change within a dynamic business model
- Excellent coordination, project management, and organization skills.
- Ability to earn trust and influence people by inventing achievable solutions and flourish with building creative tools and metrics to drive success and adoption
- 6-10 years experience in program management
- Strong customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Experience managing and delivering onboarding programs with multiple target groups across multiple locations in a matrix organization
- Experience in communication plans and information architecture
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top