Program Manager, Amazon Business
Amazon Business is a new marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses.
We are passionate about building a rare shopping experience with access to hundreds of millions of products, business-only selection, free two-day shipping, business pricing, multi-user business accounts, approval workflow, business payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated business customer support and much more.
We now have more than one million business customers since launching in April of 2015 and access to more than 85,000 business sellers. We serve businesses of all sizes and across industries, including hospitals, educational institutions, labs, daycares, government agencies, restaurants, Fortune 50 companies and sole proprietors.
Do you love diving into the details and connecting those to top-level strategies? Or connecting the dots to find a better way to get from point A to point B? What about disrupting the way an entire industry discovers and purchases products? Then this could be the job for you.
We are seeking a technically strong and passionate Program Manager (PgM) to own oversight of the product roadmap for Amazon Business-Tech. You will be someone who manages all the mechanisms and key indicators that will track and ensure successful product delivery. You will closely work on large programs with program managers, software engineers, product management, sales and marketing teams to deliver complex, high quality, scalable products.
Some of the key job functions are:
- Create, champion and track project goals, planning standards and working backwards plans.
- Deliver planning insight by creating data-driven business metrics
- Develop and track schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project deliverables
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs across a broad portfolio of features
- Manage project planning, progress, and roadmap meetings with project teams & partners
- Identify, build and execute mechanisms needed to run successful IT applications in a repeatable fashion
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Operations, or a related discipline and/or 3+ years of related work experience
- 3+ years of experience running Technology projects/programs of an increasingly large and complex scale in a related industry
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as evaluating tools, processes, and metrics to enable continuous improvement in ability to scale, deliver, and improve applications
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication with multiple levels of leadership and subject matter experts involving business, operations, and technical sides of business
- We need you to operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment and be comfortable with ambiguity and flexible to change within a dynamic business model
- Track record for being deeply detailed and organized, with a demonstrated ability to motivate others in follow-through on projects, and demonstrating the value behind the tools used to understand the portfolio
- Ability to earn trust and influence people by inventing achievable solutions and flourish with building creative tools and metrics to drive success and adoption
- Ability to match the tools required for success to the program/project being operated.
- Ability to quickly prioritize and focus on highest value-added priorities
- Experience working with distributed global teams
- A deep understanding of the business side of technology and/or operations with an understanding and zeal for metrics and analysis to drive insights on business objectives
- Experience working multiple projects spanning all aspects of retail from account management to customer experience to ordering
- Project management certification (PMI, PMP, etc.)
- Experience with delivery management or technical auditing methodologies such as Capability Maturity Models (CMM)
- Experience using and extending tracking and project management tools such as JIRA, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, etc
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top