Program Manager - Alexa Skills Kit
Interested in Amazon Alexa and the future of voice-powered connected devices? Come work on it! This is an opportunity to join a growing team that is inventing the future and building an exciting new Amazon business. The Alexa Skills Kit Business Team is hiring a dedicated Program Manager who will act as a customer advocate and develop programs to address high-priority third party developer issues. In this role, you will partner with Product and Engineering, Business Development/ Solution Architect teams, Developer & Store Marketing, and Customer Service to develop programs that provide customers and third party developers with the best experience using skills. You will identify key feature and business process gaps impacting business and develop programs to resolve them. The ideal candidate will possess strong program/project management skills, include a background in Sales/Business Development or Program/Project Management, excellent customer engagement and communication skills, and can work effectively in a cross-functional, fast-moving environment.
- Dive deep into internal customer issues to understand key pain points and define optimal paths to resolution.
- Gain support for recommended programs using strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Drive a rigorous and proactive cadence of analysis and reporting, keeping stakeholders well-informed and engaged in key decisions. Ensure the Alexa organization has consistent insight into core customer issues using skills.
- Partner cross-functionally with multiple teams spanning Product & Engineering, Business Development / Solution Architects, and Developer & Store Marketing, to define and implement processes, procedures and policies
- Partner on large projects for the Alexa Skill Kit (The Alexa SDK)
- Document best practices for skills development for both internal partners and developers
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in project, program or product management
- Experience defining and running cross-functional programs
- Master's degree or MBA preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Experience in Sales / Business Development
- Prior experience in customer (internal and external) advocacy role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top