Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
NA Facilities supports North American operations, by providing all maintenance of Material Handling Equipment in our Fullfillment Centers. Amazon will utilize a third party to supply these services in Baltimore. We are looking for an individual with a strong background in leading third party ventures. The person must possess strong analytical skills along with the ability to effectively manager a third party to all KPI's and SLA's.
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Manage Operational relationships with third part, fulfillment support teams and internal operations business partners.
- Identify opportunities to improve costs and efficiencies with our vendors.
- Provide input and execute standard operational procedures
- Demonstrated ability to indirectly influence external service providers to successful outcomes
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others and execute positive change
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep using Root Cause Analysis to eliminate maintenance problems.
- Identify savings opportunities, better partnerships to leverage industry best practices, creating greater efficiencies through partnerships and technology innovations, etc.
- Manage vendor relationships and establish yourself as a primary business contact for key suppliers
- Develop risk mitigation strategies for each vendor partner
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
5+ years experience in the distribution or manufacturing field with equivalent experience in the mechanical or electrical field.
- A completed Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- CMMS programs
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical
- Industrial controls
- Industrial electronics
- Industrial PC literary
Ability to develop and maintain a partnership and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally with Safety, Operations, Engineering, Sr. Management, peers, contractors and vendors
- Ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top