- Seattle, WA
The Payments Business Operations (PBO) team is looking for a talented program manager who can lead projects related to International Expansion. Payments Business Operations Team supports the larger payments teams including software development, product management and technical operations. The Business Operations team is the first contact for payment transactional issues, receiving escalations from internal clients such as Customer Service, Finance, Accounting and Fraud as well as third party partners and banks relied upon to process payments. Additionally, this team is responsible for driving operational efficiencies and escalation reduction opportunities. This team also manages the operational relationship with third party payment partners, advocating for customer experience and driving operational improvements. For international expansion, the focus is mainly on supporting expansion into new geographies, alternative payment methods, and the customer/seller experience related to those above.
• Focus is on medium to large, cross-functional projects and programs that serve major parts of the business that complete on time. Supports critical relationships and negotiations of agreement timelines with customers, or 3rd parties.
• Negotiates and bring closure to large, complex problems which expand to multiple departments across the company and may involve 3rd party partners.
• Work will make a significant, measurable impact on the business goals for the department or business.
• Anticipates, identifies and drives resolution of operational challenges and interdependencies to prevent downstream problems.
• Proposes and initiates new projects that are directly connected to customer's biggest needs.
• Provides clear and detailed complex business requirements for payment methods and partners.
• Operates with limited guidance from management and aggressively drive issues to resolution.
• Brings harmony to discordant views, helping convince stakeholders to follow the best way forward.
• Relies heavily on influence not authority to drive engineering and business teams and resources toward project goals.
• Using advanced professional concepts, resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Drives consensus by communicating with other team members efficiently, anticipating technical and product problems, and leveraging team knowledge to find solutions.
• Establishes support processes for the team.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. They must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems. They will be data driven in their decision making, with the demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion and have a passion for eliminating friction in the payments space. Experience with the payments industry is preferred.
5 + years relevant work experience
Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
Experience driving medium to large sized projects
Experience managing external relationships
Experience managing global stakeholders
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
3+ years Payments Experience
Data Analysis and SQL experience
Back to top