- Seattle, WA
Amazon Worldwide Operations is looking for Program Managers with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Transportation Services. These roles require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
• Manage new and existing programs, successfully delivering difficult projects and goals across multiple organizations
• Work directly with external providers, customers, and partner teams to craft and deliver scalable solutions
• Partner with other program managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set project priorities and milestones and drive delivery
• Own program communication, accelerating progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers (e.g., path to green), escalating as appropriate
• Influence design and development of strategic processes
• Work with program managers and business leaders to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects and using this data to drive/influence business decisions
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Manage post-launch support plans (e.g., post-mortem, issue/ticket management, etc.) and look for opportunities to improve program quality and operational excellence
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of progressively responsible IT/Product Service Management experience.
• 5+ years working in IT Service Management/ ITSM teams.
• Experience with ITIL and supporting an IT Service Management Organization.
• Experience in operating global IT infrastructures.
• Understanding of networking fundamentals (LAN, WAN, Wireless)
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• A solid understanding of networking, server and desktop technology, and proven methods on providing innovative solutions to customers.
• Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
• Prior experience in leading engineering or technical teams.
• Strong technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles.
• An ability to think creatively and apply strong analytical and problem solving skills, driving issues to resolution.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top