The way we exchange value is changing. We can now access products or services in mere seconds—from anywhere in the world—without sacrificing our personal data. With a click, a tap, or our voice—the future is friction-free.
At Amazon, we have a long history of taking something complex and making it simple for other businesses. Amazon Marketplace and Amazon Web Services are some examples. Amazon Payments is driving the next frontier—connected commerce. We enable merchants around the world to leverage our trusted, seamless buying experience to allow more than 285 million active Amazon customers to purchase from them—online, in-store, and across an array of consumer devices.
We seek a small group of talented leaders to define and execute against a bold vision that builds on what Amazon already offers. If you have the right stuff, you'll work among superstar engineers, product managers, marketers, business development leaders and operational wizards in a phenomenally fast‑paced, rapidly evolving business. With offices in Seattle, London, Tokyo, Luxembourg, Munich and Bangalore – you will be instrumental to helping Amazon Payments grow toward a $1 trillion opportunity.
The Amazon Payments Product Operations (PrOps) team is looking for a Program Manager (PgM) to be responsible for the continuous improvement of Amazon Payment's customer experience. The role will look after all the steps in the customer journey from the perspective of an Amazon Payments' merchant or the merchant's customer, a buyer.
Working with multiple teams including Merchant and Buyer Customer Support (CS), Product Management, Sales, Integration, Account Management, and Transaction Risk Management Services (TRMS), the PrOps PgM will understand and report on the steps of the customer journey causing friction, and work on continuous improvement projects with those teams to drive solutions which meet Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company. The key objective of the role to identify customer pain points, determine their root causes, and build mechanisms that resolve them. The successful candidate will be an excellent analyst, communicator and influencer with the ability to drive change throughout the organization.
- Interact with stakeholders at multiple levels, and dynamically lead business, product and technical teams to define and deliver solutions.
- Identify and analyze data and anecdotal input from merchants and support associates to identify and isolate issues, test solutions and prioritize competing program opportunities.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Change Management - oversee operational readiness to support new program launches, changes to business rules, processes and tools.
- Ensure SOPs are in place and executed consistent with global processes and best practices.
- Acting as the liaison between PrOps and EPS teams, providing reporting and analysis to ensure change is driven in the areas which have the biggest potential for pain point reduction and experience improvement.
- Championing the voice of the customer to drive change within every step of the customer experience.
- Working with internal teams to benchmark and design processes which enable a best-in-class customer experience.
- Build, maintain and improve a quality measurement framework. Leverage multiple data sources (customer feedback surveys (NPS), contact transcripts, CS operations performance data, etc.) to generate innovative ways to evaluate, measure, and augment Amazon Payments customer experience.
- Understand how improvement projects will affect customers so that detailed forecasting can be provided on the impact to CS volumes and metrics.
- Project management of ACES initiatives identified to improve the delivery experience.
- Track record of sourcing and analyzing multiple sources of data to provide clear reporting of issues and how they affect customers.
- Demonstrated skills in communicating (both verbally and in writing), and influencing stakeholders across multiple disciplines and different levels of the business.
- Outstanding customer obsession with the drive to 'Think Big' about opportunities to change a given customer experience.
- Capability to make efficient and effective decisions to deliver the needs of the customer and the business.
- Flexibility to respond quickly to change and prioritize in the face of emerging issues.
- Ability to problem solve, sometimes with limited information.
Strong evidence of relationship-building
- 5+ Years project / program management is required.
- 3+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
- Specialized degree (BA/BS) or higher in a relevant field required.
- Excellent planning and execution skills. Meticulous and methodical, detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to dive deep and ask the right questions.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, strong presentation skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Experience with Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
- Working knowledge of SQL
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top