- New York, NY
Amazon Logistics is building geospatial infrastructure to power the Last Mile delivery network that will deliver packages to hundreds of millions of customers around the world. The Amazon Maps Data team builds systems that model the real world to enable routing for drivers. The GIS team works cross-functionally to seamlessly curate and enhance last mile delivery network and geospatial data quality.
We are looking for smart, passionate people to join our GIS team. You will make help Amazon Logistics drivers be successful and efficient through process innovations and improvements. You will help increase their productivity and quality through GIS processes and, ultimately, ensure we provide our drivers with a hassle-free delivery route that they love. This role is inherently cross-functional- you will work closely with engineering, operations, data science, business intelligence and other teams on spatial challenges and drive them to resolution through high quality maps, spatial analysis and data visualizations.
• Liaison with various cross-functional project groups driving the operational execution.
• Ability to present and clearly communicate complex data, analyses and findings to non-experts
• Compile results in a concise, meaningful, and actionable format and share findings to senior leadership.
• Process and solution documentation
• Connect with stakeholders to gather and freeze requirements and collect data, set-up expectations and follow-up with internal team on the project status, evaluate if the deliverable is meeting discussed requirements.
• Graduate/ Post graduate in GIS from esteemed university
• 5+ years relevant experience in stakeholder engagement
• Experience in managing multiple projects concurrently
• Experience of working with multiple stakeholders concurrently
• Experience in spatial data analysis
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in working on open source and proprietary GIS platforms
• Experience in use of data visualization tools
• Fluent in English
Back to top