- Seattle, WA
Amazon Worldwide Operations is looking for Program Managers with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Transportation Services. These roles require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
• Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
• Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
• Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
• Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
• Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
• Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
• Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
• Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university OR Tech degree with 5+ years field experience
• 8+ years of experience managing large global IT projects from initiation to closure.
• Experience with core IT infrastructure; network, hardware, software and service concepts.
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, data facilities technologies, or mobile devices.
• Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar.
• Understanding of IT asset procurement and material planning
• Clarity PPM portfolio management software skill
• Proven track record building detailed WBS, contingency plans, deployment plans, issue/risk plan and communication.
• Exemplary communication skills (oral and written) in English to facilitate and manage conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
• Exercise the ability to partner with IT technical managers to secure resources, scope technical efforts, set project priorities, milestones, and drive delivery to meet a deadline or find ways to accelerate delivery by clearing blockers and escalating when appropriate.
• Improve team processes that accelerate innovation, reduce costs, and/or improve quality.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritizing and managing multiple programs and responsibilities.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity, and work independently with 2+ engineering team(s) to successfully deliver cross-functional projects that are high quality (e.g., secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, etc.).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top